Regular and Traveling Consignors tag and price all of their own items. Instructions on how to tag your items are given below. With each consignor tagging their items the same way All Aboard Kid's Consignment will be an organized, easy-to-shop consignment sale. We appreciate your attention to details as you prepare your items.
We accept clothes for babies and children that are in season, in good condition, and manufactured within the last 5 years. Bring boys and/or girls clothing from preemie through 20.
ALL SEASONS will be accepted for All Aboard Kid's Consignment Sales.
- The better the clothes look the better they will sell. Please be sure that your clothes are current, freshly washed, ironed, on hangers, and free of stains, broken zippers, tears, and signs of wear.
- All clothing should be placed on hangers with the hook facing left like a question mark. Child sized plastic coated wire hangers can be purchased at Wal-Mart—12 for $1. Or you can also check out some department stores to see if they have any they would give you (Walmart & Old Navy to name a few). Wire hangers can also often be found at local Dry Cleaners. HANGERS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL CLOTHING.
- When hanging an outfit that includes pants or skirt, hang the pants or skirt with the shirt so that they can both be easily seen. Hang the shirt and then turn the shirt around so that you are facing the back of the shirt, then safety pin the top of the pants to the shoulders of the shirt. Grasp the lines of the hanger in the safety pin as well so the pants do not pull down the shirt.
- Do not use Ziploc bags for clothing, onesies, or pajamas. Shoppers do not want to buy clothing that they can not see. All clothing items must be on hangers. Consider grouping 2-3 onesies together on hangers.
- If you have items you want to sell together you have two options: hang one on the hanger and pin the shoulders of the others to the one on the hanger with the pins grasping the hanger as well, OR put each item on its own hanger and rubber-band the hangers together. Please do not group items together if they are not the same size.
- If a shirt has a wide neck and doesn't stay on the hanger well, safety pin the shirt onto the hanger near the shoulders or neck to ensure that the shirt stays on.
Attach the tag using approved sticker tags or with a safety pin near the upper right side of the garment as shown in the picture below:
- You must use our tagging system and print all tags on cardstock or approved sticker paper. Failure to do so may result in lost or torn tags.
- Items MUST be sorted by size and gender. (Items not sorted will take longer to be checked in and put out on the sales floor).
- Do not tape over the printed barcode on the tags.
- Tags pinned with medium sized safety pins on the right side of the garment…see above illustration.
- Fill in information COMPLETELY for each tag on our website. Double check all information, including category, discount and price. You will not be able to change the tags once you drop them off at the sale.
- Make sure that you choose if you want to discount each item during our Half-Price Day on Saturday. Your tag will print with “No Discount” above the price of the item if you choose to leave the item at full price. Items marked for discount will be blank above the price of the item.
When creating tags for items that you wish to have returned to you if they do not sell, make sure that the box under “Donate” is not checked. We do not sort these items after the sale. Items that are marked for donation will be donated.
WE REQUEST THAT NO TAGGING GUNS BE USED TO TAG ITEMS - PLEASE USE APPROVED STICKER PAPER OR CARDSTOCK & SAFTEY PINS!
- Please bring only like new shoes that are in excellent condition. Shoes that show any signs of wear just do not sell. Ziploc bags can be used for shoes. Affixing the tag to the outside of the bag.
If shoes won't fit in a Ziploc bag, tie or pin laces together, or use rubber bands on loafer type shoes. Pin tags securely to shoes.
Tagging Toys, Books, Videos, Games
- Please make certain that all pieces of an item are securely fastened together and that your item is complete. You may use packaging tape, Ziploc bags, clear plastic containers, etc. but please make sure that all the items are secure. Attach the tag securely.
- If the item requires batteries, they MUST be included.
Books, videos, and small items can be placed in Ziploc bags.
Tagging Large Items
On large items simply tape the tag to the item for easy viewing and removal. If the item includes extra parts please make note of them in the item's description.
IMPORTANT: Place masking tape with your consignor number and price on the bottom or underneath side of each large item in addition to the tag. This helps identify your item in case the tag is lost. Please DO NOT place duplicate tags on an item.
Important Tagging Details
- With large items only, remember to place masking tape with your consignor number and price on the bottom of each large item IN ADDITION TO THE TAG. This helps identify your item if the tag is lost. Please DO NOT put a duplicate tag on the item.
- Items with no price and/or consignor number will be placed in the lost and found pile for pick up and thus WILL NOT be sold.
Competitively price your items to sell. What would you pay? Normally 25-30% of retail is a good general figure to go by. We’d rather give you a bigger check than a lot of unsold items. See our Pricing Suggestions section for more details.
Extra Selling Tips
- Make your items look brand new. The more time you take to wash and iron your clothing, the better it will look to a buyer. Also, button all the buttons, zip zippers, tie bows, etc.
- Grease stains: Use Dawn dishwashing liquid. Rub into the stain and wash as normal. Occasionally it will take treating twice.
Yellow stains: Mix about 1/2 cup dishwashing detergent (such as Cascade) with 1/2 cup Clorox 2 (the pink liquid) in about 1-2 gallons of water. Soak the stained item in the mixture for several hours, then wash as usual. Works for other types of stains as well.
If you have any questions regarding the guidelines, please send an email to email@example.com.